Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why doesn't everything use solid aluminium capacitors?

What's wrong with crossposting? There are 4 groups where people might know the answer. Yes, I could post 4 times seperately, but then people wouldn't see each other's replies.

I've checked both Ebay and Alibaba (where you can buy huge bulk quantities), and the prices are no different.

I've never seen the tantalum ones break.

On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 16:06:41 -0000, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:

Stop excessive crosposting...

I suppose cos they can get them el chepo. I also have found toward the end
of the 90s, those little tantalum caps that look like blobs of resin
coloured blue tend to go leaky and damage the rest of the circuit.
Nothing is supposed to last any more.
Brian