Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Protect Metal Surfaces

On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 17:11:34 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 2/8/2020 1:52 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 11:39:37 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 2/7/2020 9:40 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 21:22:49 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/7/2020 3:47 PM, OtterGuy wrote:
My woodworking tools get rust.
My tables gets rust.

What is the best protective stuff to apply to the table saw, bandsaw
table etc.

I've had good results with Boeshield T9
https://boeshield.com/

As have I. It seems to last forever and works exceptionally well.
Just don't put it on too thick or the wood doesn't slide well.

Lasts for ever. ;~) I tried Boeshield on my brand new, 20 years ago,
Jet TS. I had rust the next morning.

I put it on my 10YO Unisaur. I think I've re-applied it once since.
No rust. Put it my drill press about 8 years ago. I've never re-done
it and no rust. I still have the original can.

No Doubt!!! As I mentioned in another post, it all depends on your
location and conditions as to which product will be adequate.

Mine sat in the garage in the Auburn Alabama area for three years (the
drill press in an unheated attic). Since 2011, they've been in my
basement (unheated) in the Atlanta area. Not exactly controlled
environments.

I still have my original 20 year old can of BoeShield too. :~)

I wonder what else I could use it for...