Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default HDPE / phenolic cheap substitute

I want to place two 4 foot LED slim lights in my long narrow cold
room - top corner, 1 per side, staggered -
- a couple "plastic" 45 degree mounting blocks for each light
would allow them to be angled out from the top corner and provide
a bit of a thermal / moisture break from the concrete.
I'm trying to avoid wood - the cold room can get pretty damp at
times and I don't want to promote mold/mildew.
I'm thinking a piece 4 " square x 1.5 " thick would be cut in half
diagonally to make 2 mounts.
Buying thick HDPE or phenolic is a bit pricy for this job -
any suggestions for a similar - but cheaper - product ?
Even re-purposing a common cheap item ... ?
Treated wood might be my final solution - but I thought I'd pick
your brains first.
John T.