Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default weather instrument barograph ink resource and pen modification? **UPDATE**

On Friday, 31 January 2020 16:01:26 UTC, J-J wrote:

Ok, an update. Unfortunately, here's what happened after trying an oil
based ink from Staples. It almost seems like there was a "hemorrhage"
of sorts, then almost nothing (in fact, I didn't even realize there was
any trace at all until uploading the photo... I did turn the drum a day
ahead to get past the huge ink spot):

https://imgur.com/a/GcYaO8c

So, I guess it boils down to the incorrect ink, incorrect paper, or
both. For the chart, I printed my own on standard 8.5x14 printer/
typing paper. I did back the paper with two pieces of packing tape just
in case a spot like the one shown appeared so at least it wouldn't stain
the drum.

I'm just not going to be able to get away with testing this thing for
under $10, am I?

If you're willing to experiment. I gave you a clay-free rubber stamp ink formula that costs nothing to make. I've not tried it in your app.

NT