Posted to sci.electronics.repair
J-J J-J is offline

Default weather instrument barograph ink resource and pen modification?

On 1/30/20 12:31 PM, J-J wrote:
On 1/30/20 12:26 PM, Mike Coon wrote:
In article , says...
Sorry to say that this ink isn't working.Â* I filled the little
triangular reservoir to the brim and even after a full night, although
the drum and chart have rotated, nothing on the paper.

I think you might have to wet the tip to get the flow started. Assuming
you can swing the pen away from the drum, just touch the tip with a
cotton bud or similar wetted with a drop of ink and swing it back
immediately. Assuming it is all clean...

Interesting, I'll try that today and report back.Â* Thanks.

Mike.

Well, the good news is that the ink wasn't dry. I moistened the end of
a cotton swab, then touched it to the end of the reservoir and ink
immediately started flowing. Moved the reservoir tip back against the
drum. Now just waiting on time.