Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default speaking of germicidal MV lamps, I have a question.....

On Tuesday, 28 January 2020 19:32:51 UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 9:16:04 AM UTC-5, tabby wrote:

The 'how is ozone harmful' section is pretty iffy. I've not read furtheer.

When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and throat irritation. Ozone may also worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and compromise the ability of the body to fight respiratory infections. People vary widely in their susceptibility to ozone. Healthy people, as well as those with respiratory difficulty, can experience breathing problems when exposed to ozone.. Exercise during exposure to ozone causes a greater amount of ozone to be inhaled, and increases the risk of harmful respiratory effects.

snip

Ozone is a toxic gas with vastly different chemical and toxicological properties from oxygen. Several federal agencies have established health standards or recommendations to limit human exposure to ozone. These exposure limits are summarized in Table 1.

snip

That is "iffy"?

It reminds me of the dihydrogen monoxide gag, where a useful substance (water) is described as if it were a terrible killer that should be eradicated. It's like saying floods kill people in India every decade so we should not have tap water. It relies on the reader's lack of knowledge of the subject..

You are, truly, a 'piece of work'.

I think that says more about you than me.

NT