Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default speaking of germicidal MV lamps, I have a question.....

" wrote:
On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 4:34:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:

He makes the mistake of opening the window: let the ozone do its job.

Sufficient atmospheric ozone to kill bacteria by exposure will pretty
much destroy any rubber materials, attack many plastics, harm many plants and much worse.

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quali...d-air-cleaners

Further to this, so-called "air cleaners" based on ozone are very similar
to bug-zappers. They do not work, they can (and often do) cause harm and
are generally worthless.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I have seen long term damage, an example, ozone fish tank bubbler.
Damaged varnish off back wood wall. Short tern cleansing I have not seen
any signs. I have two ozoners, not the air fresheners. After 1 hour turned
off, a room will have a cleansed smell, no odors. Odors can reseep out of
wood etc. and may have to do again later. Sunlight creates ozone cleaning,
and my mothers clothes dryer ozone bulb turned the wash into smells like on
clothesline smell.

Greg