Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default U channel and squire tube which one is strong

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 10:42:12 -0500
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
I lived in the world of high-end precision measurement long enough
that I want at least 12 bits of accuracy; the RSP1A has 14. My
portable DVM resolves to 1mV in 22.000V. Back in the early 80's I
went
to the trouble of designing and building a 4-1/2 digit multimeter
because I couldn't buy one.

I noticed that in its specs...

Early on I concerned myself with minor differences in voltages and
other bits of minutia. I soon learned this rarely had anything to do
with my need to fix something. Watch the relative values and go for
the
likely failures. Like the old quote said, "round up the usual
suspects".

Thanks for the explanation

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

I agree that repairs don't need it, but R&D requires not only high
accuracy but NIST-traceable calibration. I like it for hobby use
because it shows trends rapidly.

Inaccurate measurements and other poor lab technique have led to false
claims of room-temperature fusion etc.