Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default U channel and squire tube which one is strong

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 17:42:17 -0500
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
Our digital TV reception is much better than the old analog, and TVs
aren't taxed in the USA, however almost everyone prefers to pay
$150/month and up for cable. Antenna reception is pretty much a
do-it-yourself project with no repairmen to call. This British digital
receiver with the spectrum analyzer program is a great aid in aiming
the antenna to minimize multipath.
https://www.sdrplay.com/rsp1a/

I'm just beginning to work with an RTL-SDR I picked up some time ago:

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/wp-content/u...-Datasheet.pdf

So far I've been pleased with it, works better than I thought it
would. Sure could have used this back when I was still working as a
two-way tech...

Already considering a HackRF but the one you linked to looks pretty
good too. You could have used an RTL-SDR for your antenna job for ~$30.
So I figure you are using the RSP1A for other stuff too...

Happy with it, caveats?

Using Linux nowadays, so I have to check for software compatibility.
Looks like the RSP1A is probably supported.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI