Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default Ambient 7 Day Forecaster

One of these:
https://www.cnet.com/reviews/ambient...er-forecaster-
review/
No longer produced but I'd like to get/keep mine running.

Back story. The broadcast updates seemed to get fewer and longer between
updates. So I unplugged it and packed it away. The story that Ambient and
many resellers had is that they are no longer supported. Fast forward to a
few months ago. I was visiting some freinds a few miles away and they have
an identical unit. Theirs works just fine and recieves updates. So I dragged
mine out and plugged it in. Reception at various locations in my house is
pretty bad. But it does update, just too slow to be useful.

The review web site says this uses a "proprietary long-range terrestrial
wireless network". Probably a pager transmitter or FM subcarrier. If I knew
the frequency, I could go hunting for local interference. Anyone have any
ideas?

--
Paul Hovnanian
Ban the bomb. Save the world for conventional warfare.