Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default U channel and squire tube which one is strong

"Richard Smith" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" writes:
Need to only say what I can reasonably comment.

Gassless FCAW (Flux-Cored Arc Welding) can be used outdoors, yes.
Never met it - seen it in a welder testing ("Coding") centre once
but
not watched what its like, running.

With shielding gas FCAW - not outside.

Crane time - yes, I would reckon - all times and use of resources
add.

I think I have said as much as my experience permits.

Best wishes,
Rich S

Thanks. I've acquired a heap of galvanized tubing that might become an
upgrade to my 50' antenna mast, and was wondering if I'd missed a
reason why welding on a structure was discouraged, since it's how
ships are built.