Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Moisture

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 10:44:05 AM UTC-5, TD90 wrote:
We had our windows replaced 3 months ago..It's winter and cold..is it normal
for Frost to form on the inside of the Windows

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1206920-.htm

In general, no. But it depends on how cold it is outside, how wll the
windows insulate, and the temp and humidity inside. Usually this happens
if the humidity inside is too high. The colder it gets outside, the lower
you want the humidity inside. No more than 50% if it's moderate out,
going down to maybe 25% if it's 10F outside. You can find charts online.
Also this happens in bathrooms, kitchens, more frequently, because humidity
is higher there. If it happens in spots like that after a bath, etc,
no big deal. It should not be happening in most of the house.