Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Water stained ceiling

On 1/16/2020 9:57 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 16 Jan 2020 08:42:26 -0500, Frank "frank
wrote:

On 1/16/2020 7:39 AM, Gary wrote:
Julie Nilsen wrote:

What can be done about water stains on a wooden vaulted ceiling?
Is there a way only the stained parts can be
restored? Or does the whole thing have
to be done?
I am hoping you'll tell me it's not as bad as
I think it is.

Is your wooden ceiling painted to a solid color?
If so, easy to fix. I can tell you how. I'll wait for your
answer. Do make sure the leak that caused the stain has
been fixed and time allowed for it to dry well.

Absolutely. A friend just replaced sheet rock and did painting and
sealing after stopping the leak.

Are you Julie?

How long has it been drying since the leak was fixed. Drying can take a
long time, because it only dries on the surface and water can have
soaked in all over the place.

My friend waited a year.