Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default replaced dryer belt and drum still won't turn

the tensioner was caught on a metal part sticking out from the motor.
Once I disassembled again to release that, all went well.* It was not
easy.* I really only had access from the top and front.* I wish I
could have removed a side, but was unable to.* I really had to push
with my arm and hand through the small space and at the same time loop
the belt around the tensioner. However, done.* I also looked over the
dryer while there.* It looks fairly simple and I'm hoping if anything
ever goes wrong, maybe I'll be able to repair it.

Glad I could help . Dryers aren't that complicated , and there's just
not much that can go wrong . I didn't look your dryer up , but many of
them have a front panel that is held on by 2 bolts/screws at the top and
a tab/slot at the bottom . Once the front is off the drum can be removed
for repair and parts replacement .

I recently, very reluctantly, replaced my 25-30 year old Inglis
propane when the " air-flow grill " corroded away and
started snagging at clothes. I found it difficult and expensive
to get a new replacement ; used units that were still OK were
scarce ... I did consider a DIY remedy of installing some sort of
stainless grill over top of the old one. But my final decision was
based on the Murphy's Law aspect - as soon as I made this repair
- something else would fail ...
The Inglis had 1 repair in the 25 years I owned it.
John T.