Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replaced dryer belt and drum still won't turn

On 1/15/2020 7:47 PM, KC JONES wrote:
I have a GE Hotpoint dryer nvlr223egoww that stopped turning and, upon
disassembly, I discovered that the belt snapped.Â* I'm having a heck of
a time getting the drum to rotate again.Â* I've tried two different
belts, which are supposed to fit the model, but one was way too large
and the other is actually a bit shorter than the original one and
still there's too much slack.Â* Any ideas as to what to check next
would be welcome. Thanks.

Â* Is the belt looped correctly around the spring loaded tensioner ?
Some appliance parts websites might have the diagram for the correct
routing ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old