Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Noise on VCO voltage ramp

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 00:24:38 +0000, Cursitor Doom
wrote:

If you really want to see the noise, glitch, trash, garbage, or
whatever signal, set you scope so that the horizontal trigger is off
and the horizontal sweep is free running. Then, slooooooowly vary the
horizontal sweep until you see fairly stable glitches. If the noise
is periodic, you should be able to see something.

Thanks, Jeff. Duly noted!

Oh, and btw, I know you like details such as this, I'll be using my
Tek 2232 DSO for this measurement. I don't really get on with digital
scopes, but seems like there's little alternative for this job.

--

No deal? No problem! :-D