Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Fuses - again

On Sun, 29 Dec 2019 14:52:22 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 29/12/2019 13:01, Scott wrote:
Fuses are available as 1A, 2A, 3A, 5A, 7A, 10A and 13A yet only 3A and
10A seem to be in common use.

3A, and 13A were typically the most common. (and originally the only
other commonly available value was 5A).

There seems have been a growth in use of 10A however - probably down to
the flood of dubious "13A" accessories and extension leads landing here
from the middle kingdom.

(Multiway extension leads being one of the few cases where the fuse
might have to offer overload protection)

I've been checking some fuses (when I got bored over Christmas!) and

You know how to have fun!

Not as bad as a former colleague who complained when the managing
agents replaced the manufacturer's software in the lift with generic
software, which was detrimental to the user experience of the lift :-)