Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Spencer Mike Spencer is offline

Default Seasoned Greetings

Larry Jaques writes:

Merry Christmas to all y'all! Happy New Year.
I hope the stockings of blacksmiths were full of coal this year.

Indeed. Happy Hogswatch, everyone.

It will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A
nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and
prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved.
It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins.

--Benjamin Franklin

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there
always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a
constant thread winding its way through our political and
cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy
means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov (1920-1992)

Ignorance is bliss - if you're exploiting the ignorant.

-- Charlie Gibbs

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada