Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default That home made sports car

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 17:33:33 +1100, Clifford Heath
wrote:

On 20/12/19 1:36 pm, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 12:44:02 +1100, Clifford Heath
wrote:

On 20/12/19 12:21 pm, Clare Snyder wrote:
My brother started to build a sports car years ago - He was going to
call it an XR12 ( as in Ex R12 - or used to be an R12)- using the
front of an R12 Renault bolted to the back of a tub with the front a
arm suspension from a vauxhall? - can't remember for sure, on the
front.

Isn't that basically what Lotus did with the early Europa? Except it was
an R16 engine, before they built a suitable engine themselves.

CH

Basically yes.

I have long wondered whether it would be possible to turn around a
Subaru engine like that, to make a mid-engined all-wheel drive race car.
The boxer has such a low CoG.

Does anyone know if this could be done with a Subaru diff?

CH

easier to get a reverse rotation camshaft