Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How do you know you are a good Machinist?

On 12/19/2019 12:30 AM, wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Ostcroix wrote:
Hello :

I've been working at the same place for the past
12 years and I've mastered every thing at my shop
execpt the C N C machines. We have a old 5T
Fanuc control but we only run one part on there.
I would say that I have good fundmental skills on
the conventional machines. However, I would like
to get better. Does anyone have Tips or questions
a machinist should ask themselves to determine
if they are a capable machinst ? Does 12 years
of making the same type parts make me a solid
machinist? How Can I furthur hone my skills where
I am at ? I am really wondering if I am a good machinist

A 20 year old thread... and yet still a good question.