Theo Weber

Default Invisible Fence - Break Detection

Have an Invisible Fence and the "radio method" described is exactly
how the installers do it. The issue you will have when you find the
break is fixing it. Your best bet is to talk to the Invisible Fence
people and get a splice, which you can probably crimp on yourself.
Should save you the service call fee.

Theo

I-zheet M'drurz wrote:

Ian Stock (remove the "antispam") wrote:

I have an Invisible Fence to keep my dog from bolting. The
control unit is now beeping, indicating a break in the
underground wire. Short of ripping it all up, is there any way
to detect the beak and repair it locally?

Try this first: try walking the fence line with a portable radio,
-detuned- from a broadcasting station. Set it on AM, tape it to a
stick so you can keep it nice and low to the ground. If it "acts
up" at any one point (and only 1 point), that could be your break
(It's likely radiating some RF energy) If AM doesn't get you
anywhere, try it on FM. If no results...

Good luck.