wayne

Default Invisible Fence - Break Detection

from checking they do make a nifty break checker
http://www.radiofence.com/break.htm

it is 60.00 but depending on things it may be worthwhile.
it uses 2 tones and a ground rod.

I would thing a small electric fencer would be a good idea you should be
able to locate it by the static. however the unit they sell since it uses 2
tone will let you find the break very close to where the break actually is!

Have you checked any spots where the wire is vulnerable or have you mowed or
aerated the lawn recently?
The house that I have the people had an invisible fence and they left the
wire pretty much just laying on the ground?

Wayne

"Ian Stock (remove the "antispam")" wrote
in message ...
I have an Invisible Fence to keep my dog from bolting. The control unit

is
now beeping, indicating a break in the underground wire. Short of ripping
it all up, is there any way to detect the beak and repair it locally?

Thanks,

Ian