Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

Not a new phenomenon though, back when we first got broadband the first
chap, very young came to fit the junction box on the wall, when later on
after the whole thing had been in for a year or so, the box fell off the
wall, the guy had used a screw straight into the brickwork and a nail in the
other screw.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
On 04/12/2019 15:43, GB wrote:
Adam's apprentices have apparently banded together and formed a
scaffolding firm here in London.

Next door are having some work done, and they wanted to brace their
scaffolding against my house. Absolutely fine, I said.

They put one brace against the brickwork, and the other against a window!

Anyway, the neighbour is getting them round tomorrow to move it. But,
surely, the scaffolders knew perfectly well when they did it that it was
completely wrong. I guess they get away with it a lot of the time, so
they don't care. But, if I were a builder and noticed it, I certainly
would not feel safe up there, and I wouldn't use that firm again.

Should put a photo up of that.

This time last year a third year apprentice was wiring new-builds on his
own. I worked through through the first one with him and made sure he was
happy with what he had to do. He completed all houses with no cock ups.

This year we have 2 third year apprentices. Neither of them can fit a back
box straight, wire up a two way lightswitch etc etc. Due to the minimum
wage rules and the fact we run a business then they will probably soon be
laid off.

--
Adam