Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

On Wednesday, 4 December 2019 18:03:51 UTC, ARW wrote:
This year we have 2 third year apprentices. Neither of them can fit a
back box straight, wire up a two way lightswitch etc etc.

Could I suggest that being able to wire up a two way lightswitch should be an *entry criterion* to being an electrical apprentice?

Fairly sure I could have done it at 16.

In fact I was probably doing it about 8, with a battery and paperclips and brass paper fasteners for switches :-)

If someone hasn't got to that stage by 16, where is the evidence of their interest and ability?

Owain

Admittedly my back boxes aren't always straight, but I blame the bricks...