Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

Would it not go through the window and the cost would probably bankrupt the
scaffolding company. Yes it seems that the scaffolding is often erected by a
contractor of the contractor.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"GB" wrote in message
Adam's apprentices have apparently banded together and formed a
scaffolding firm here in London.

Next door are having some work done, and they wanted to brace their
scaffolding against my house. Absolutely fine, I said.

They put one brace against the brickwork, and the other against a window!

Anyway, the neighbour is getting them round tomorrow to move it. But,
surely, the scaffolders knew perfectly well when they did it that it was
completely wrong. I guess they get away with it a lot of the time, so they
don't care. But, if I were a builder and noticed it, I certainly would not
feel safe up there, and I wouldn't use that firm again.