Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

Adam's apprentices have apparently banded together and formed a
scaffolding firm here in London.

Next door are having some work done, and they wanted to brace their
scaffolding against my house. Absolutely fine, I said.

They put one brace against the brickwork, and the other against a window!

Anyway, the neighbour is getting them round tomorrow to move it. But,
surely, the scaffolders knew perfectly well when they did it that it was
completely wrong. I guess they get away with it a lot of the time, so
they don't care. But, if I were a builder and noticed it, I certainly
would not feel safe up there, and I wouldn't use that firm again.