Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please face forward and hold the handrail

On Mon, 02 Dec 2019 22:31:39 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 12/2/2019 3:33 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 12/2/2019 11:54 AM, Frank wrote:

One of our sons is an insurance company lawyer.テム堙つ* I hear it from both
sides.テム堙つ* Some people get a scratch on their car, they think they have won
the lottery.テム堙つ* They bring in evidence of injuries for things like bad
backs which were bad before the accident.テム堙つ* There are even shady doctors
that will lie for them.テム堙つ* Ends up increasing cost of insurance for all of
us.

Right. I have no problem paying legitimate claims but it seems there
are huge payouts if you are willing to wear a neck brace for a few weeks.

Ever watch Judge Judy?

JJ is entertainment, nothing more. If you think the real world is anything
like JJ, then you're not thinking clearly. Even if, and it's a longshot,
anything they say on the program represents reality, it's a corner case,
not the normal.

It's sad that anyone would draw conclusions about their fellow americans
based on a really stupid TV show.

It may be entertainment but it still shows a trend. They were real
court cases before the show. Ehat is stupis is the number of people
that get away with crap like that.

Actually, it doesn't show anything like a trend. Do you think
they would ever pick a boring case with no drama such as is the
reality of 99.9999% of court cases in the legal system? No, they
pick sensationalist cases that attract eyeballs; they're no different
than the National Inquirer or the Daily Mail; pure sensationalism.

You're taking selection bias to the extreme by applying anything
from that show to reality.

Sounds like MSNBC and CNN. They are just looking for ratings too,
trying to beat Fox. It is all "Entertainment TV" these days.