Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default OT- UV cured adhesives- user experience around home?

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 09:51:43 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 12/2/2019 8:33 AM, patrick wrote: Anyone have any experience using
UV cured adhesives on things that need mending around the home? Seems to
be that the stuff was first used for bonding glass but I do wonder if
UV can penetrate far enough into an opaqued joint to be useful. TIA, Pat

I was not aware of UV cured adhesives, but in tackle making UV cured
clear coats are popular with some builders.

I have used some UV-Cure adhesives and it SEEMS to be the UV starts
the cure and after it is "kicked off" the cure continues VERY slowly
into the joint.
The stuff I have is from Kafuter and I'm not TERRIBLY impressed with
it.
In documentation it says it is for gluing glass and acrylic to glass,
acrylic, metals.

I would NOT recommend it for attaching 2 opaque materials together