Greg

Default What's the difference between Hardy board & cement backer board?

"x071907" wrote in message
om...
What's the difference between Hardy board & cement backer board? I'm
about to start my bathroom remodeling project and I'm not sure which
of these products to use & where I should use them. I plan on
removing/replacing the bathroom floor and the walls in the shower. Is
it a matter of preference, or are they unique to a specific
application? Also, I'm not sure how difficult of a job it is going to
be to remove the floor (tile & cement board). Any insight into the
demolition and installation of the floor would be greatly appreciated.

Use either/or. One's a generic name, the other's a copyrighted name.

For the floor demo, what I usually do in a case like this is get a cheap 4.5
inch angle grinder, buy some masonry blades, and checkerboard the tile and
cement board in a conveniant size. Then tear it up. Those small pieces will
be much easier to move than huge chunks. It'll be alot heavier than you
planned for....

Do a good cleanup and prep and you're ready to go.

Greg