Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Choosing a set of drill bits

First: Big shout out to my Drill Doctor. I had to drill three #19 holes in cast iron yesterday and all I had was my set of HF TiN drills. Had to sharpen the bit for each hole, but I did get through the job OK. Drill Doctor made quick work of it.

Second: Enough is enough already. I have had enough screwing around with garbage bits. I'm looking to buy my last set of drill bits. Generally the 115 piece sets (1/16 - 1/2, A-Z, 1-60) fit my needs. I'm not looking to break the bank, but I don't want to cheap out, either. So, I'm looking for suggestions. If you were looking for a complete set of drills, what would you buy?