Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Resistor not the same as schematic

In article ,
says...
The print I just got from hifiengine says it is 220 ohms.

There are errors all over the place, I have seen a lie, which represents a wire or PC foil as having 12 volts on one side and zero on the other.

You have to use your common sense. Look at the thing, how the hell could that be a 100K ? And where did you get that print ?

Sometimes it is bad if you don't catch it. I was fixing a Phase Linear 400-2 and the print had the emitter resistors as 0.22, but they were 0.33s. If I were to have put in 0.22s you know what would have happened ? Do you know how critical such resistors are ?

Companies are always making minor production changes that do not show up
in the schematics. Going from .22 to .33 emitter resistors may not make
a noticable change to most, but maybe someone with a very good ear could
tell a difference.

I have seen service bullitens that come out and they tell to change a
part to another value for various reasons. A 10 or 20 % change may not
mean much to many, but going 10 or more times is often very noticable.

It would be very difficult to have 12 volts on one end of a wire and
zero on the other that is the size of a PC board trace.