Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default cyclones

On 11/24/2019 3:10 PM, Carl wrote:
"Bob La Londe"Â* wrote in message ...
On 11/22/2019 6:53 PM, Clifford Heath wrote:
On 23/11/19 12:23 pm, wrote:
On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 4:31:40 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 11/21/2019 5:13 PM,
wrote:
Â*Â* Anyway found that one can buy the cyclone bit on AliExpress or
Ebay
Mind posting a link.Â* I recently unplugged the heavy duty hose on my
... Been thinking about making Thein seperator, but... well... time.

No problem.Â* The one I bought was $ 18.01 from Magicalcarworldstore.
If anyone knows how to post a URL directly , please post it.

I always filter by "Orders" because often the lowest price is a store

that has not a single sale of this product, or has a visibly inferior
version that people don't choose, or some other reason to avoid them.

Always cut off the URL at the ? for AliExpress.

Here are a couple of links, slightly different products:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32942971357.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32833255347.html

Clifford Heath.

Found a few on Fleabay with "US STOCK" for a few dollars more and free
shipping.Â* I went ahead and ordered two different ones to play with.
If I can use something like a 45 gallon Brute trash can or even a 55
gallon barrel that would be great.Â* If they don't work that well they
still didn't cost much.

You have probably already had a look on youtube but if not there are a
bunch of construction videos on how to put together a dust collector
with various shop vacs or bigger blowers, with homemade cyclones or the
commercial ones. If you want a small, portable unit you could adapt this
one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KQ_p8IDAg, or the one he based
his on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyBuRjO54NM.Â* They used 5 gallon
buckets to hold the dust/wood shavings, not 45 gallon, but I think they
are pretty clever and simple to build so you might get a useful idea or
two.

I had planned on building a thein separator for a barrel for a long
time. I even started once, but I'm just so darn busy in the shop these
days I never seem to get back to it. If the $20 (+/-) import cyclones
can be mounted on a barrel lid or improvised barrel lid and work for
half a year before the chips eat them up I'd be good with that.

Five gallon bucket. HA. One day on the Tormach or the Hurco doing even
moderately heavy material removal can fill a five gallon bucket.
Sometimes nearly two. I have had to stop mid day a few times just to
clean out the machines so the coolant will flow back to the tank. LOL.