Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default LED spotlight bulbs

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Really? Is there going to be that much loss at such a low current? One thing
somebody I know found was the tremendous variability in brightness of
different LED bulbs supposedly the same specs.
Is that common?
Brian

Transformers designed for halogen bulbs often won't work with lower
powered LED bulbs. There is also the problem of whether the
transformers produce AC or DC 12V, but that may not matter, I'm not
sure. It is cheaper to replace the bulb holder than the transformer,
and not much harder, while at the same time removing a possible point of
failure.

--

Roger Hayter