Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unusual RCD tripping by tumble drier

On Sunday, 10 November 2019 13:04:53 UTC, Jeff Layman wrote:
Last year we had a problem with our 5-year old Beko tripping the RCD
when it was turned on (NB it had been modified during a recall shortly
after we bought it). It only did it on that one day and has been fine since.

A month ago it ran through its drying cycle with no problem, and beeped
that it had finished. We removed the dry washing, and took it away. When
we returned a couple of minutes later, we found the RCD had tripped.
This has occurred twice again - the dryer is fine working, but trips the
RCD as it cools down. Once cool, it seems ok and can be used again.

I'll have a look inside to see if there's anything obvious, but has
anyone heard of a fault which behaves this way?

It may be time for a new drier, but I'm intrigued as to what this one is
doing.

Or it may be time for you to test it. Try the element first, it's suspect no 1.

NT