Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Carb on Tecumseh engine leaking gas

On Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 7:29:14 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 11/9/19 6:14 PM, Nikita L wrote:
I have a 5 hp tecumseh snowblower. Whenever I tilt it back fuel leaks
out of
the top of the bowl. Last year I took the carb apart and cleaned it. The
gasket seemed fine to me so put it back and the problem seemed to go
away. Now
the problem has resurfaced. It leaks only when I tilt it back. Its fine
when
level.

Replace the gasket. It may "seem fine" but it probably isn't. And it's
cheap.

You can get carb rebuild kits that give you that gasket, plus needle valves, etc
for typical carbs on Ebay for a few bucks. Should check the gasket between
the carb and engine if you take it off and if needed get one of those too,
it's typically not included in the carb rebuild kit.