Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Jasen Betts[_2_] Jasen Betts[_2_] is offline

Default stun gun acquisition and testing

On 2019-11-06, TheExperimenter wrote:
Ok, this post is for all the people making a big fuss when I asked about
stun gun components. I got ahold of one this week called VIPERTEK
VTS-881, a small red unit with a claimed "35 billion" volts. This
design comes in many forms and is marketed by different firms with
Vipertek being only one.

First tests were spark gap distance. Just under 1/2". Spark gap is
adjustable and discharges really slow down/ stop at 1/2" or more. So,
what does that tell you about voltage? For one thing, no where near the
volts advertised.

It's about 3000V/mm so ballpark 35kV

35GV would produce gamma rays.