Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default stun gun acquisition and testing

In article , says...

Ok, this post is for all the people making a big fuss when I asked about
stun gun components. I got ahold of one this week called VIPERTEK
VTS-881, a small red unit with a claimed "35 billion" volts. This
design comes in many forms and is marketed by different firms with
Vipertek being only one.

That 35 billion volts should be a tipoff the thing is a toy.

The 35 billion volts would probably throw an arc miles long.

Lightning is reported ot have from 100 million to 1 billion volts.

Tasers are only around 50,000 volts