Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
[email protected] DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org is offline

Default where to get NO diode embedded flybacks?

Steve Wilson wrote in
:

AJ Butterworth wrote:

On 11/4/19 3:22 PM, wrote:
On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 2:24:59 PM UTC-5, Al Butterworth
wrote:
Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to
be able to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US.
Thank you.

AB

Would be useful to know desired operating voltages and so forth,
but Mouser has a selection of low-voltage PCB mounted devices.
Triad has a number of higher-voltage devices.

None of which have diodes installed.

Sorry, I was looking for something in the 20- 40 KV range like
was found in CRT's. Probably 15-20 KV at some mA since I was
going to use a 3-4 stage multiplier.

Look for a 4-cylinder wasted spark ignition coil. It has two
independent high voltage flyback transformers. You can probably
put them in series for higher output voltage.

They are inexpensive and available at most auto supply houses. For
example, the ignition coil for a 2003 Ford Focus starts at $16.75
at Rock Auto:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...,focus,2.0l+l4
+dohc,1431898,ignition,ignition+coil,7060

Wind your own.