Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default need to find a replacement K type probe for this thermometer

Jim Horton wrote:

------------------

Phil Allison wrote:

------------------

** Did you do any Googling at all?

K type probes and wire tipped versions are all compatible with
the same meters.

https://store.wirelesstag.net/products/thermocouple

I like the tipped ones cos thermal inertia is so much smaller
- means I can measure power semiconductor case temps in a few seconds.

Thanks. Yes, I did Google it

** Now, you need tell us that in your first post.

but the uncertainty was the range of my
meter and whether or not it made any difference.

** What did you actually Google for?

Cos I found this in about 30 seconds:

http://www.tes.com.tw/en/product_detail.asp?seq=324

Doesn't appear to, so I will be ordering a replacement probe shortly.

** So, it is a probe or wire tipped item you are after?

Most stand alone meters, like yours, cover the full range of a K-type thermocouple.

But probes and wire tipped jobs have upper temp limits due to the insulation used in making them.

If we don't know what you are doing - how can we possibly help you ?

..... Phil