Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dozer650j@gmail.com is offline

Default 5000 lbs crane on a 3/4 ton pickup

I had a 1 ton Chev dually I took a 1/4 inch thick wall pipe and welded it to the side of the frame right behind the spring hanger bracket and weld to it to cut a hole in the bed so the pipe was flush with the bottom of the bed so there was nothing sticking up when the hoist was remove. I use it for years picking up various things I think the heaviest thing I lifted was a 8x8 foot steel disk and loaded it on a trailer I had made a 6 foot boom for mine with capped ends.