Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Rifling machine plans

On 23/10/2019 10:58, Steve W. wrote:
Anyone got a site or place where there are plans or drawings that show
something like a sine bar machine or other style that wouldn't be that
hard to build?

Am thinking of building a flintlock or percussion rifle all from scratch.

An interesting question, I remember when I grew up in the US in the
1970s seeing a film several times of a working museum, in
Pennsylvania?,Â* that preserved the techniques for making long rifles,
Kentucky?, and the main detail was about the rifling technique and
mechanics usedÂ* It didn't look high tech just required a bit of work to
produce the master screw which governed the rifling cutter.