Kyle Boatright

Default drywall cracks in corners

"xyz" wrote in message ...
I have 1/8-th inch, jagged cracks along some of the vertical corners
of my drywall caused by earthquake. These cracks run at least half
the height of the wall.

These corners don't appear to be taped, so I'd like to know if I can
just fill these cracks with either mud, spackle, some kind of caulk, or
whatever else might work.

If I can fix with a small line of filler, then the touchup painting will
be more unnoticeable. Also, it sounds from this message board
like taping drywall corners requires some talent, and I'm a complete
novice with drywall but want to learn.

In addition to a recommendation for filler material, any comments
on tools or tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Unless you're selling the home in two weeks, maybe a month, those cracks
will reappear if you just fill them. You need to tape them. Go to your
local home improvement store, get the self-sticking fiberglass tape, some
lightweight sheetrock compound, a corner trowel, and a sanding sponge.
Apply the tape, a thin layer of mud, let dry and sand. Repeat until it is
smooth. This is one of those things that does take either skill or
patience. First time around you'll need patience.

KB