Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default BG Smart socket

On 12/10/2019 15:39, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Just noticed these the other day so ordered one from TLC for £14.99. Fitted it today and I am quite impressed, it has the usual features of plug in adaptors switching on using the app as well as timer settings. You can manually switch on at the socket by pressing a button but the most impressive for me is that you can control each socket on the device separately so no more need for all those adaptors sticking out of the socket and the whole thing fits in a 25mm deep box.

It also works with Alexa but she is being a bit awkward with mine in that she will not switch it on manually from the Alexa app but will using voice control and unlike the BG Home app she does not control the sockets separately so will need to work on that!

Richard

Can you connect to the switch remotely? or does the phone have to be
connected to the local wifi?

--
Michael Chare