Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Do all Cobra CB radios have bad readouts?

wrote:
Just picked up a Cobra 29 LTD WX classic radio. I really dont find much
use for CB anymore. But for a couple bucks, I liked the look of this
radio and the weather band is a big plus.

Over the years I have had several Cobra CBs. I swear everyone of them
has at least one bad digit on their LED readout. This one does also.
Cobra made darn good radios, but did they use bad readout boards or
what?

I have one may have been replaced, bright blue, really bright on high.
Overdriving can diminish life.

Greg