Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default wires are metal ...

Â*Â* When I got my truck back from our son , lots of things that he just
couldn't be bothered to fix . One thing is the radio power supply . He
did tell me that the radio had "died" , turns out the fuse (in the fuse
block) keeps blowing . I've got the dashboard apart enough to check the
wiring harness and supply wires , can't find any cuts or anything that
looks like damaged insulation ... it works just fine sittin' in the
driveway , but within a few miles driving it blows the fuse . I figured
it was the radio/CD player unit so I got a new one , does the same thing
.. I'm really puzzled by this , from the way the fuse was spattered it's
got to be a dead short to ground . I think it very unlikely that the new
radio/CD unit is bad - the old one did work when I replaced the fuse ,
for a few miles same as the new unit . This is an '86 GMC pickup , I'm
hoping someone here might be aware of a known problem area that I might
check ... I gotta have tunes !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old