Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Progress Report - Phase Converter, Plus

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 8:22:11 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

Now we get to the interesting part -- I was going to ask about how it
worked when you got power. I mistook the comment regarding noise from
it as was up 'n running...

Enjoy!!!

When bought and still on the trailer, I was to take it to the local commercial shop to test the motor, to make sure it ran. I didn't do that, so I had no idea if the motor worked or not. The "up and running" was the testing when the electrician installed the converter. That's why I didn't have the knives installed, just to see if/how the motor and head spun.

I pulled knives out of the little Model 13 planer last night --

What brand planer? Rockwell?

Need replacement set while send these out to be reground --

What size of blades? I suppose 1/8 X 1 (1.25?) X 13. Might
1/8 X 1.25 X 12" blades work with your planer? When I bought the Northfield there was a set of four 12" blades installed. They're in good shape, yet had them touch-up sharpened. Easy to mail to you!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Sonny