Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc
charles charles is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

In article ,
Joe wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 13:30:13 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
tim... wrote:
Well some of the exhaust sensors can fail and the engine will run,
just at high emissions for example.

some sensors can fail and the engine will still run normally

Which ones would those be?

Not the crankshaft position sensor.

But the emissions sensors generally provide feedback. If one fails, the
engine light will come on and the engine management system will use the
last available settings from when the sensor was working. In the long
term, the engine will drift out of emissions spec. but it will go on
running reasonably well for a while.

Not on my new car 6 years ago. Engine would tick over - but that was it.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England