Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal fatigue sucks

On 9/10/2019 3:24 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 14:46:32 -0500
Terry Coombs wrote:

snip
Got a 3.42 gearset sittin' here awaiting install ... 2.73's just
don't cut it up here . I may decide I don't need a cam/headers/manifold
to be happy with the way it drives after I get it geared down some .

Ye'r getting old... I'm happy if it drives nowadays at any speed ;-)

Â* The problem here is that we've got hills , many of them quite steep .
I'd like to top Dodd Mountain (on the way home from town) at more that
35 MPH empty ... probably a 5-6% grade and if I'm loaded it's more like
20 MPH . The 2.73's force me down into a lower gear and I'd have to rev
higher than I like to top out any faster . 3.42's will put my (stock)
torque peak at around 60 MPH , should help with mileage too .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old