Old September 8th 19, 03:19 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair
Larz Larz is offline

Default can I swap out 125 W mercury vapor medium base for 175 W mercuryvapor mogul base?

I picked up a surplus yard light called Electripak SV-175M thinking that
it was 175 watts. It uses a mercury vapor bulb, but the bulb inside
appears to be 125 W. Since I want to use 175 W mercury vapor instead,
is it possible to swap out the medium base for mogul base and use the
175 W mercury vapor bulb? It has an H42 ballast, no capacitor. Thank you.