Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
tim... tim... is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

In message , Incubus
writes
In message , Incubus
writes
On 2019-09-06, michael adams mjadams25@ukonline wrote:

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message

I have fond memories of being in a hotel in Tel Aviv one Saturday
morning. My room was
on something like the 16th floor. I made the mistake of taking the
'Shabbat lift - the
one where the door opens and closes automatically, and it stops on
every floor. It was
long, long trip.

https://tinyurl.com/y6clwojj

But surely you could have got out at the next floor, the
first floor the Shabat Lift stopped at and taken the other
lift ? Or at least at the second floor the lift stopped at,
once you realised what was going on ?

He strikes me as the kind of person who gets out of his car when it's
in the
carwash.

It takes one hell of a stretch of vivid imagination to link a Shabbat
Lift and a Car Wash - but respect for doing so!

It takes one hell of a lack of imagination to stay in a lift that it
calling at
each floor instead of transferring to one that goes directly. Perhaps a
better
analogy would be that you'd have left the sunroof open.

I'm not sure that sunroofs are much-used in Israel. The sun's too hot.
You're more likely to have the A/C on, and all the windows closed.

Do you only drive in Israel?

no, you're allowed to walk as we

or catch the bus (except on the Sabbath)

tim